Friday 30 August 2013

Back to school? But we've only just finished!

A school-ish, kinky think-type post today.

I don’t know if it’s the same in other countries, but in England there’s a six-week school holiday from mid-July to the start of September. (No school in August, evah! Whee!) Oh, how I loved it as a kid. The feeling of jubilation as that expanse of school-free time stretched out into the future like a golden vista; waking every morning feeling light and carefree... just wonderful.

But as vast as it may have been, and as endless as it may have seemed midway through, the summer break always did come to an end, and I always got a really sad feeling when September arrived. I remember counting down the days as the end of the holidays drew near, and making a conscious effort to savour each moment. So sad going to bed on the last night before school!

And so to the kinky think. Akin to Easter eggs appearing in February and Christmas merchandise in October, it always seemed that the minute the school bell rang for the end of term, every shop was instantly full of ‘back to school’ stuff. (Seeing a big display of uniforms in my local supermarket the other day is what prompted this post, in fact). A practice that always struck me as terribly unfair. We’ve only just finished! I wanted to wail. Can’t we be allowed to forget about school for one day? Such a downer to be constantly reminded of it in the holidays.

Yet now, as a twenty-something, I don’t mind seeing those things at all. If anything, I get a secret little frisson of pleasure whenever I do see them. Which of course makes perfect (kinky and twisted) sense: I’m a school roleplay and CP freak and have a decided uniform fetish.

Case closed! Except... a taste for such things isn’t something that only came to me as an adult. I’ve enjoyed being spanked for as long as I can recall, and school has always been a favourite and central part of my fantasies. As a child I fantasised about other people punishing me with a smacked bottom (including my teachers), and I often wished that my school experience was more old-fashioned and strict.

So what I’m wondering is, given the above, how come I didn’t like the whole ‘back to school’ thing as a schoolgirl? And when exactly did dislike transform into like? I’m figuring it was at some point after I left school, but I don’t quite understand why that would be.

Thoughts on that (and anything else school-related) welcome!

P.S. I was treated to a new skirt and two new blouses from the aforementioned supermarket. I rather suspect my immediate future will involve some school fun and a jolly good spanking.

19 comments:

  1. I remember the decided downer about going "back to school" too, Penny but now it's just a nice excuse for whole new punishment wardrobe and a hot RP about getting sent back..). It's more fun if you are being sebt back to a reformatory or boarding school. See me for detention and a spanking ..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know it wasn't just me ;D

      And yes, it's much more fun now. Very hot to be able to buy and wear genuine school uniform in a kinky, sexual context.

      Delete
    2. It must get you a little excited and be part of the RP to buy the uniforms, Penny..)

      Delete
  2. I always hated the last day of summer when I was a kid because I couldn't enjoy it as much as the others and stay up late. And then I couldn't get to sleep because I knew I had to go to school in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and also in America we get a much longer break from late May to mid to late August

      Delete
    2. Aww. I know just how you felt, Timmy. There, there!

      But... May?! :-o

      No wonder you lot can't spell properly! :P

      Delete
    3. lol, I only jest. I'm just jealous of that even-bigger summer break!

      Delete
    4. three months is nice
      In elementary school you don't go back until September sometimes

      Delete
  3. it was so sad for me when school holidays ended and had to go back to school but it was nice to see all the hot girls in their uniforms and on the supermarket back to school thing i get a little excited when i see the rack with gym skirts on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad there was some consolation for you, Anon! And I know just what you mean about store displays giving you a nice little feeling inside.

      Delete
  4. Ms Hasler, it's obvious to a perfeshunal like me why you didn't like 'the back to school thing' as a child. You were happy to have a holiday from school, because in reality school was your workplace, not your fantasy playground, your childhood fantasies notwithstanding. You knew very well you weren't going to get the spankings you wanted in school, so why would you be in a hurry to go back there? Now things are different; there is no reality of school for you, it's all about the fantasy. Hence, the change in your attitude about back to school time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, of course! :D Thank you, Dr Bruno - you've put my little mind at ease. Context is everything, huh?

      I wonder if I would have felt differently if school had been a place of spanking, or if the 'school = work' factor would still have been predominant regardless. I guess I'll never know, but it's an interesting one to ponder :)

      Delete
  5. The way you describe summer vacation, as we called it, is exactly how I felt. The time off here was about three months, from June to early September. The weather made it a brighter more open lifestyle, and summer was like a lifetime. But it did have to end. I didn't like school. Once I was out of grade school, all I wanted to do was learn stuff, and summers, like time in general, flew by like it was on a tape in fast forward.

    I love your kinky thinks. It's fascinating introspection to wonder how our minds work, and why we feel the way we feel. Many facets of my kink relate directly to things I didn't like as a child. They started there as confusing feelings that taunted me. It's from an adult perspective and understanding that they became enjoyable. I must say, though, if I'd known you growing up, I'd have been fantasizing about you being spanked at school, as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm... (I think) :D

      Thanks for the thoughts, TFD - I always love your take on things, too. I think between yourself and Dr Bruno you've delineated a great deal of the dynamics that lie behind the school kink and helped give better form to a lot of the things I was musing over. Perspective and context are clearly central: as obvious a statement as that may sound I think the temptation is to overlook their influence on our own experiences, thoughts and feelings.

      Yes, definitely mmm, on reflection. Just imagine... poor Penny, blushing, kicking and wailing at the front of the class as the teacher spanks some manners into me... fretfully looking out at the sea of faces witnessing my humiliation with undisguised glee... oh, no! TFD is in the front row! I'll NEVER live this down! :(

      Delete
    2. Poor Penny, indeed. I'm in the front row feeling so bad for you. I can taste your humiliation, and it's more bitter than sweet. I can't avert my eyes, but I don't understand how the others are enjoying the spectacle so freely.

      That's in line with my kink. It's the pain of the situation that fascinates me. Despite that pain, it excites me. The countless times I've imagined spanking scenes, I don't remember ever being the one smiling at such sober circumstances. I truly feel for poor Penny. And that's the way I like it.

      Hugs

      Delete
  6. And I'm looking on too..) but the spankings, lines, detention wearing the punishment uniformm and being put on report seem to have very little effect on our Penny -she just can't keep out of trouble..)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course you are, Mr X - grinning in the front row as I wail and wriggle!

      And it isn't my fault there are so many silly rules that can be accidentally broken by perfectly sweet and innocent girls...

      Delete
  7. Oh, I'm sure especially when you "accidentally" break the same rules several times..).

    ReplyDelete