Wednesday 4 January 2012

Come along Penny, playtime's over


Aww. I’ve just taken my Christmas blog banner down and reinstated the regular one. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice and all, but it’s just not the same...

It’s always a bit sad taking your decorations down, isn’t it? It’s like a final admission that the festivities are over for another year, and it’s back to work. The weather here in England isn’t helping the transition much, I must say – it’s relentlessly cloudy, grey, cold and wet.

*pout*

For naughty little girls, of course, it’s back to school (whether we want to go or not). My party dresses have all been put away and my dull pinafore is crisply ironed, ready to put back on; instead of fun and games I can look forward to lessons like this, the dunce’s cap in the corner (see the horrid picture above, *sulk*), and a thoroughly smacked bottom if I don’t behave...

...so I guess it’s not all bad! x

The dunce cap photo, incidentally, comes from this interesting page, which documents a visit to a period school in Poolesville, Maryland. Looks great, doesn’t it?

2 comments:

  1. I've linked to your blog, and look forward to coming back and reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Spanky, that's very kind of you :o) I'll add a link to your blog in reply. Ooh, another exciting new man in my life!

    Oh, and please don't take this badly but I hope my better half doesn't read your blog. It might give him ideas... fourteen hundred swats, goodness! x

    ReplyDelete