Saturday 9 March 2013

Courtroom drama

Oops, I did it again... missed Saturday Spankings last week, that is. Sorree! It’s probably a good thing I didn’t take to being a Girl Guide as a kid; I’d still be trying for my sewing badge now.

But hey, I’m here this week (tada!) and I have another story extract with which to tease and entice you. The snippet comes from a tale in Spank! 2 with a sillier than usual plot: the CEO of a firm that makes spanking machines is in court defending herself against claims that her company’s products are prone to malfunction. A ludicrous charge, obviously! I’ve actually remembered for once that extracts can have up to eight sentences in them, so I’m taking full advantage of that:

At the rear of the machine was an innocuous-looking white column. Ms Sheely, in the manner of a seasoned salesperson, smoothed her hand down its plastic surface, smiling at the gallery as if she were showing off a prize on a TV game show. “This houses the mechanical arm that delivers the swats to the user’s bottom,” she said breezily. “And now, I shall demonstrate how it works in practice.”

The petite entrepreneur climbed onto the machine, knelt, and lowered herself forward into position over the dark faux-leather mount. “The Spank-o-Matic 8000 has been ergonomically designed for maximum user comfort,” she trilled, taking hold of the hand grips either side of the bench. “There are optional and fully automatic wrist bindings: some people prefer to be bound when they are spanked, you see. Prichard, if you would?”

I wonder if you can guess how things turn out from here? ;D

Here are all the blogs taking part in Saturday Spankings this week:

15 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this story in the book and the twist at the end.

    Hug,
    joey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have a feeling this lady is going to get a lot more than she bargained for. Intriguing snippet, Penelope. I'm going to have to check out this story. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spanking o matic! That is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Your post gave me a giggle! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whooo hooo! a spank o matic! I haven't seen one of those pop up in a book yet-- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this snippet, and the apparatus description. Spank-o-Matic 8000, wondering if it is better than the previous models.. *smiles* Intriguing look at this story and leaves me wanting to read it now..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This story cracked me up. It's a gem. Plus, I love spanking machines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I have a feeling this could go terribly wrong lol. Sounds like a fun book. Thanks Penelope :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a TV show in the US called Shark Tank, in which entrepreneurs pitch their products to entice business moguls to invest. I can picture this gal pitching her Spank-o-matic on Shark Tank.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comments, everyone! I'm glad the snippet amused. Rest assured, it all goes terribly, terribly wrong... :)

    And I know the show you mean, Cara - in the UK it's called Dragons' Den. A demonstration of a spanking machine on it would be great! XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun. I've never read a story with a spanking machine before. Glad to have found your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a hoot. Love this!!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete