Saturday 30 March 2013

Penny Does a Runner: Part III

If Penny had thought that her embarrassment could not have been greater she was soon to be proven wrong. To her dismay, a class of girls bound for the hockey field came strolling past the window, led by Miss Fraser, the games mistress!

“Penny? Penny Hasler!” cried that lady in amazement. “Whatever are you doing, girl?”

“Oh! Well, I, er...” Penny blushed. “I’m... doing a science experiment?”

“A likely story!”

Penny’s flimsy excuse – and the last vestiges of her smile – were nullified a moment later when, with a gasp of horror, she felt her skirt being lifted and her snug-fitting school knickers tugged down. The next instant a familiar but unwelcome sensation made her heart skip a beat: the slipper being patted against her defenceless rear! As colour rushed to her face she wished to the tips of her toes that she had climbed out of the stupid window feet first.

“Ow!” she yelped as the dreaded item was slapped forcefully home. “Owch! Ooh!”

Poor Penny was treated to twenty-four scorching swats before she was freed from her self-imposed pillory, the giggles of the hockey class at her grimacing yelps making her feel as foolish as any homesick First Year. What a sorry sight she made when she was lifted back inside by her teachers: red-faced and red-bottomed, her knickers lying forlornly atop her shiny school shoes, her face streaked with tears.

“Now suppose you tell me what you were thinking, breaking into the teachers’ lounge like a common thief?” fumed Miss Pinchit, gripping her slipper tightly.

“I... I was dared by another girl, Miss...” Penny sniffed, wiping a tear from her cheek.

“Don’t make excuses, girl!” scolded the strict schoolteacher. “And pull your knickers up! You’re coming with me to see the Headmistress!”


PART II
PART IV

10 comments:

  1. I think Penny will be standing up to eat her Easter feast this year. Happy Easter Penelope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! Penny is a lovable imp. I only wish the installments were longer.

    CM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I think so too, Aunty! Happy Easter to you too.

    Thanks, CM! I'm glad you like it. Sorry they're a bit short for your taste... try to think of them as short and sweet, like me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think Penny is in trouble. Seeing the Headmistress cannot be good.

    Hug,
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, no. But I have to engineer an escape for her at some point - she's supposed to run away and join the circus, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe that was good fun :) I can only think of what a tease it would have been if I'd had to wait for all 3 pieces like your regular readers. Hm... I'm having fantasies of a Headmistress :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Joelle! I don't mean to be a tease (not in this case, anyway) - it's just that I haven't had the time even to write these little vignettes as quickly as I might like. I will try to pick up the pace :)

    Fantasies of a Headmistress? Wicked girl! Off to the Headmistress's office with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you already told me I was naughty once today, Penelope :D and it has been far too long since I've had any female attention that wasn't from someone else book, or even more sadly from one of my own female characters

    Yes, picking up the pace would be good :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how deliciously embarrassing. I loved it!
    And the slipper intrigues me. I have always wondered about the English slippering. nice job. keep'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Katherine! As always, there's a lot of wish-fulfilment in there... ;D

    The slipper, to me, is like the cane in its yummy evocation of school-age discipline. I haven't felt it nearly enough myself, sadly, though I mean to correct this as soon as I am in a position to!

    ReplyDelete