Sunday 24 March 2013

Penny Does a Runner: Part II

“Wicked child! Come down from there this minute!”

Penny knew full well that, were she to obey her fuming form tutor’s command and step down from the chair, she would in very short order find herself across that lady’s ample lap for a long and painful slippering. And after the spanking... what then? The teachers’ lounge was strictly off-limits to pupils: her trespassing was sure to earn her a month’s worth of detentions, if not more, and no doubt a very public thrashing in Assembly the next day. Perhaps she would be suspended from school? Or perhaps even... she hardly dared think it... expelled?

In a panic she decided that there was nothing else for it. She leapt from the chair and raced to the window on the far side of the room. It was heavy, but with a grunt she heaved it open so that she might clamber out. “Hasler!” cried Miss Pinchit in astonishment, hurrying across the lounge to apprehend the wayward schoolgirl.

Penny had hoped to scramble head first through the window, landing in the flower bed outside, and to some extent she succeeded: in a flash her top half was, indeed, outside. But – alas! – before she could complete her escape the window pane did what her schoolmistresses could not and slid back down, trapping her! “Oh!” she gasped, scissoring her legs in distress.

The hapless schoolgirl squirmed and struggled to free herself but firmly stuck she remained: inelegantly draped halfway through a window and in more trouble than ever.


PART I
PART III

11 comments:

  1. Oh gee...poor Penny! Almost escaped if not for the silly window. I hope you won't get expelled...

    Enjoyed this second installment :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love this so much.
    You have a very wicked mind. muahaha!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny has a penchant for shenanigans doesn't she?! I can't wipe the smile off of my face! Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)

    I'm making this up as I go along, btw, so I am open to suggestions. It's a nextemporaneous story! as Little Penny might say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, poor Penny! Maybe something will distract her teachers and someone (a girlfriend, a circus boy or maybe the cute sixth former from the school for boys next door?) comes to save her (at least temporarily, I think she won't be able to run from her teachers forever)? Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the next part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I crazy, or is it almost as if young Penny intentionally got herself trapped in that helpless position with her bottom upturned?

    I hope no one happens to be outside below. It could be embarrassing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Penny is going to get quite the swishing I very much fear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is exciting, thank you. I know what I'd do, if I was the head!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, is there a matron in school? Maybe Penny could attempt to 'be too sick to get a public thrashing' the next day :D The slippering looks unavoidable though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so many neat suggestions! Thank you all. :D

    ReplyDelete